Dubai is a big rolling city, and the Metro system connects the key tourist destinations reasonably effectively. However, it is far from comprehensive in terms of all the important tourist attractions in Dubai. There may probably be times throughout your vacation to Dubai when having your wheels would be helpful. In such situations, renting a car in Dubai plays a crucial role.
Learning the local driving laws might be one of the most difficult aspects of living abroad, whether you’re simply visiting or getting used to ex-pat life. Driving on the wrong side of the road and attempting to read road signs in a foreign language can happen to anyone at any time. Additionally, you can encounter unknown road hazards and severe fines or penalties for disobeying the law.
Important points for tourists – Car hires in Dubai
- Fuel prices – Fuel costs in the UAE are still among the lowest in the world, despite recent deregulation that resulted in price increases. Of course, the fact that the UAE is one of the world’s major oil producers is the cause of this. Look for options like E Plus, Special-95, Super-98, and diesel when choosing a fuel. Make it important to check the sort of fuel your rental car uses while renting a car in Dubai. In case you were curious, the movement to de-regulate fuel pricing was undertaken to promote the use of public transportation and fuel-efficient vehicles, lower carbon emissions, and protect natural resources. Getting an economical car from the cheapest rent a car in Dubai saves your pocket and keeps you refreshed.
- Road rules – Driving in Dubai is on the right side of the road, just like in the United States. Both wearing a seatbelt and using a phone while driving are forbidden. Those under the age of 12 should sit in the back seats. The UAE is home to some of the world’s fastest roadways, with top speeds of 120 kph. Despite this, local drivers frequently travel at 200 kph in their showy supercars. In light of this, always stay in the far-right slow lane and stay out of the far-left fast lane unless you want other vehicles to yell at you from behind and flash their headlights at you. The top car rental in Dubai provides you with a class before heading on to the car.
- Drink driving in Dubai – Driving under the effects of drugs or alcohol is strictly prohibited in Dubai. While there is typically a tiny tolerance when it comes to the legal blood alcohol limit while driving in Europe, the United States, and Australia, there is almost no tolerance in the UAE. If you are discovered driving under the influence of alcohol, you may be arrested and fined. In Dubai, there isn’t a specified legally allowable blood alcohol level, and if there is, it’s a very small quantity. Some persons who have been discovered driving with alcohol in their system have spent days in jail awaiting a court appearance, have been fined heavily, and in some cases have been deported.
Driving in Dubai: Car Rental Regulations
Rental cars are easily available in Dubai, both at the airport and at other sites throughout the city. Since many Dubai residents rent their automobiles on a long-term monthly basis, the car rental market is quite competitive. Here are a few things to consider while hiring a car as a tourist in Dubai.
- To rent a car in Dubai, you will also need your passport and your tourist visa.
- A licence is required to hire a car. If you are from a certain country, you do not require an international driver’s licence.
Keep in mind the above rules and regulations before getting behind the wheel. Better Car provides the best car rental in Dubai at pocket-friendly prices for all types of cars including economical and luxurious ones.